Do you have a credit card? Are you thinking of applying one? Are you confused which one to pick? There are varieties of credit card offered by the bank, now in 2019, in India. Whether to shop online or buy merchandise when you don’t have cash ready, credit cards are used to keep your cash transactions to a minimum. When you apply for the credit card, you are applying to borrow money from the bank. Bank will check your credit history and if you have a good credit rating, your application will be accepted. Bank will then set a credit limit and you can use the amount within the approved limit. To avoid racking up your interest, pay your credit card dues on time.
Table of Content
- The 20 Best Credit Cards in India
- 1. Standard Chartered Manhattan Credit Card
- 2. Citibank Cashback Credit Card
- 3. HDFC Regalia Credit Card
- 4. Standard Chartered Platinum Rewards Card
- 5. ICICI Instant Platinum Credit Card
- 6. SBI Simply Click Credit Card
- 7. RBL Titanium Delight Credit Card
- 8. American Express Gold Card
- 9. Standard Chartered Super Value Titanium Credit Card
- 10. Indian Oil Citi Titanium Credit Card
- 11. Amex Platinum Travel Credit Card
- 12. Jet Airways American Express Platinum Credit Card
- 13. Citibank Premier Miles Credit Card
- 14. SBI Air India Signature Card
- 15. SBI IRCTC Credit Card
- 16. American Express MakeMyTrip Credit Card
- 17. Axis Bank Privilege Credit Card
- 18. HDFC Diners Premium Credit Card
- 19. SBI Elite Credit Card
- 20. Yes First Preferred Credit Card
The 20 Best Credit Cards in India
Now let’s talk about the best deals on credit card offered by the banks. The 20 best credit cards now offered in the market are listed below-
With your Manhattan Card, you can get INR 2000* BookMyShow vouchers on your first transaction in first 90 days. With the high customer service and other benefits, Manhattan card is the most used credit card in India.
- 5% cashback on supermarkets and departmental stores
- Earn 3x reward points per INR 150 spent on other categories
- Save up to INR 8,650 every year
- 20% cash back on Uber spends upon minimum credit card spends of INR 15,000*.
Joining fee is INR 999. The renewal fee is INR 999 – waived on spending INR 120,000 in the year.
Citibank Cashback card provides you with cash back on all your bills payout. As they say ’do everything that you’ve always done but, from now, do it for less with this Cash Back credit card.
- Tap-and-pay at merchant terminals for purchases up to Rs 2000* without entering the PIN
- 5% cash back on movie ticket purchases
- 5% cash back on all your telephone bill payments
- 0.5% Cashback on all other spends
- Pay through Citibank Online Bill Pay and get 5% cash back on Utility Bill Payments
The Citibank Cash Back Card comes at an annual card fee of Rs. 500.
This card is best to enjoy premium travel and lifestyle privileges. You can indulge yourself in luxury with Regalia credit card.
- Complimentary Airport Lounge Access through Priority Pass Membership
- Complimentary Club Vistara Silver membership
- Earn 4 Reward Points on every Rs. 150 spent
- 1% fuel surcharge waived off on fuel transactions between Rs 400- Rs 5000.
- Exclusive Dining Privileges
HDFC Regalia credit card comes at an annual card fee Rs 2500 (can be waived off after spending 40,000 in first 90 days)
With this platinum rewards card, you can get 100% onetime cashback (up to INR 500) on spends at Restaurants within 1st 90 days.
- Earn 5 reward points for every Rs150 spent at fine-dining outlets
- Earn 5 reward points for every Rs150 spent on fuel
- Earn 1 reward point for every Rs150 spent on all other categories
- 20% cash back on Uber spends upon minimum credit card spends of INR 15,000*.
Joining Fee: Rs 250. Renewal Fee: Rs 250 – waived on spending Rs 30,000 in the Year
This instant platinum credit card is lifetime free. This offer is valid till September 30, 2018. So better hurry up.
- Minimum 15% savings on dining at over 2500+ restaurants
- 1% fuel surcharge waiver
- Rs 1000 cash back on a min of `5000 spent on any category except fuel, mf, tax, insurance, atm withdrawals between 1st to 3rd of each month
You got to get this credit card if you love shopping.
- Get a welcome e-gift voucher worth Rs. 500* from Amazon
- Earn 10X rewards on online spends with exclusive partners – Amazon / BookMyShow / Cleartrip / Foodpanda / UrbanClap / Lenskart
- Earn 5X rewards on all other online spends
- Earn 1 reward point per Rs. 100 on all other spends
- 1% fuel surcharge waiver for each transaction between Rs. 500 & Rs.3,000 (exclusive of GST, wherever applicable, & all other charges)
- Maximum surcharge waiver of Rs. 100 per statement cycle, per credit card account
You can use your Credit Card Reward Points to redeem against a wide array of gifts from the Rewards Catalogue. Cash Advance, Balance Transfer, En cash, Flexipay, and Fuel transactions are not included in the Reward points program.
Joining fee, one time: Rs. 499. Annual fee: Nil, if the total purchases made by you in the previous year are more than Rs.1,00,000. Else, an annual fee of Rs.499 is charged annually. Spend Rs. 100,000 and get an annual fee of Rs. 499 reversed for your SimplyCLICK SBI card in the subsequent year.
Free movie tickets on Wednesdays, Reward points on all purchases and amazing mid-week delights – that’s what RBL Bank Titanium Delight Credit Card brings to you.
- Get a welcome gift of 2000 Reward points on 1st swipe within 30 days and payment of joining fees by first payment due date
- Get 1000 additional points on spends of Rs. 10,000 within 60 days
- You earn 1 reward point for every Rs. 100 spent on all your purchases like travel, groceries, dining and even your electricity bill
- You can get reward points for all your domestic and international purchases and redeem them for the products you love.
Titanium Delight Card comes with an annual membership fee of Rs.750/-. 2nd year onwards membership fee is waived on spends of Rs.1 lakh or more in the previous year.
This is a charge card which is a bit different than credit card where you will have to pay the full amount before the due date.
- Earn 1 Membership Rewards Point for every Rs. 50 spent except for spends at Fuel, Insurance, Utilities, and Cash Transactions.
- You earn 1,000 Bonus Membership Rewards Points when you complete 6 transactions each worth Rs. 1,000 or more every month on your American Express Gold Card.
- Earn 5,000 Membership Rewards Points upon First Year Card Renewal, on payment of annual membership fee. Points to be credited within 90 days of Card renewal
- Redeem your Points from the fabulous 18 and 24 Karat Gold Collection
- Enjoy benefits on your travel bookings with MakeMyTrip.com
First Year fee: Rs. 1,000 plus taxes. Second Year onwards: Rs. 4,500 plus taxes
This titanium credit card is best for your fuel spends. Get 100% onetime cashback (up to INR 1500) on Fuel spends within 1st 90 days
- 5% cashback on all fuel spends
- 5% cashback on all utility bills
- 5% cashback on all phone bills
- 1 reward point for every Rs. 150 spent
- 20% cash back on Uber spends upon minimum credit card spends of INR 15,000*
Joining Fee: Rs 750. Renewal Fee: Rs 750 – waived on spending Rs 60,000 in the Year
With the use of Citibank Indian Oil card, you can earn turbo points on all your purchases. You can earn more when you use your card at authorized Indian Oil outlets for fuel purchases.
- 4 Turbo Points on Rs.150 of fuel purchases at authorized IndianOil Retail Outlets across the country.
- 2 Turbo Points on Rs.150 at grocery and supermarkets.
- 1 Turbo Point on Rs.150 spent elsewhere like Shopping, Dining and more.
The annual fee on the card is Rs.0 when you spend Rs.30,000 or more on your Card in a membership year. Card members with annual spends of less than Rs.30,000 on their Cards are charged an Annual Fee of Rs.1,000.
If you love traveling go for this platinum travel card as you can get a welcome gift of 5,000 Milestone Bonus Membership Rewards Points redeemable for Travel Vouchers worth Rs. 4,000.
- 1 Membership Rewards Point for every2 Rs. 50 spent except for spend at Fuel, Utilities, Insurance, and Cash Transactions.
- Spend Rs. 1.90 Lacs in a year and get Travel Vouchers3 worth more than Rs. 7,700.
- Spend Rs. 4 Lacs in a year and additionally get Travel Vouchers3 worth more than Rs. 11,8004. Also get a voucher4 worth Rs. 10,000 from the Taj Hotels Palaces Resorts Safaris.
- Enjoy 4 complimentary visits per year (limited to one complimentary visit per quarter) to 12 airport lounges across India.
Enjoy benefits on your travel bookings with MakeMyTrip.com.
First-year fee: Rs. 3,500 plus applicable taxes. Second year onwards: Rs. 5,000 plus applicable taxes.
This card is best for the corporate user. You will get Welcome Gift of 10,000 Bonus, JPMiles plus one-way complimentary Jet Airways Base Fare Waived Domestic Ticket on your first charge.
- Complimentary visits to 12 Domestic Airport Lounges at 10 cities in India
- Enjoy complimentary iPrefer Elite Tier membership3 from Preferred Hotels & Resorts
- Extend your holiday with a complimentary 3rd/4th night’s stay on booking 2/3 consecutive nights at select properties of Oberoi Hotels & Resorts.
- Earn 8 JPMiles for every Rs. 150 spent except for spend at Fuel, Insurance, Utilities, and Cash Transactions. Also, earn 16 JPMiles for every Rs. 150 spent on booking revenue tickets on Jetairways.com.
First-year Fee: Rs. 5,000 plus applicable taxes. Second year onwards: Rs. 10,000 plus applicable taxes
This credit card is best for the frequent flyers which lets you earn miles on all your spends and you can redeem them easily for flights and hotel stays.
- Earn 10 miles for every Rs.100 spent on airline transactions.
- Earn 4 Miles for every Rs.100 spent on all other transactions.
- Redeem miles across 100+ domestic and international airlines
- Transfer your miles to any of their hotel & airline partners.
- 10,000 Miles with your first spend of Rs.1,000 or more on your Citi PremierMiles Card within 60 days of Card issuance.
- 3,000 Miles on Card renewal.
Annual fee of Rs. 3,000 is billed in the first-month statement of card issuance and incrementally every 12 months thereafter.
If you are a frequent flyer on Air India then you should go for Air India Signature card. You will get 20,000 reward points* as a welcome gift on payment of your joining fee.
- Enjoy complimentary membership of the Air India Frequent Flyer program-Flying Returns
- Get 4 reward points for every Rs 100 spent.
- Get up to 100,000 bonus reward points annually.
- Convert your reward points into Air India miles. 1 reward point is equal to 1 Air India Air mile.
- Enjoy International Airport Luxury Lounge Access to over 600 airport lounges with complimentary Priority Pass Program.
Annual fee (one time): Rs 4,999. Renewal fee (per annum): Rs 4,999. (Anniversary gift of 5000 rewards points*.)
This credit card is best for frequent train traveler. It can help you save 1.8% surcharge along with other benefits. Enjoy freedom from paying the 1% fuel surcharge across all petrol pumps in India, on transactions of Rs. 500 – Rs. 3,000, exclusive of GST and other charges.
- Get 350 activation bonus Reward Points on a single transaction of Rs. 500 or more within 45 days of card issuance. Fuel and Cash spend are not included.
- Buy tickets through irctc.co.in for AC1, AC2. AC3 and AC CC and earn up to 10% Valueback as Reward points. (1 Reward Point = Rs. 1)
- Get 1 Reward point for every Rs. 125 spent on non-fuel retail purchases, including railway ticket purchases at irctc.co.in.
- Save 1.8% transaction charges on railway ticket bookings on www.irctc.co.in
Annual Fee (one-time): Rs. 500. Renewal Fee (per annum): Rs. 300
This card gives you 5% cash back on your MakeMy Trip bookings. Exciting! Isn’t it?
- Begin your journey with a welcome gift of MakeMyTrip vouchers. The welcome gift will consist of 2 MakeMyTrip vouchers, each worth Rs. 1,000.
- Get a MakeMyTrip voucher worth Rs. 2,000 on spending Rs. 1.25 Lakh and an additional MakeMyTrip voucher worth Rs. 5,000 on spending Rs. 2.5 Lacs, every year.
- Discounted access 31 Domestic Airport Lounges at 12 cities in India.
- Earn 2 Payback Points for every Rs. 100 spent. Additionally, get multiple Payback Points across more than 50 PAYBACK partners.
First year fee: Rs. 750 plus applicable taxes. Second year onwards: Rs. 1,500 plus applicable taxes.
If you are booking tickets from Yatra, this is for you. You can get Yatra Vouchers worth Rs. 5,000 on activation.
- Yatra Vouchers worth Rs. 5,000 every time Rs. 250,000 is spent on the card
- Enjoy complimentary access to select airport lounges
- Insurance benefits Up to Rs. 2,55,00,000
First Year Fee: Rs 1500. Second Year Onwards: Rs 1500
This Diners Premium card is for those who want to enjoy luxury with no extra cost. Also if the transit stops mean new experiences, this is the card for you.
- Air AccidentCover of INR 1 Crore.
- Emergency Medical Expenses Cover of up to INR 25 Lakh
- Credit Liability Cover of up to INR 9 Lakh
- Travel Insurance Cover of up to INR 50,000 on baggage delay (Capped to 10$ per hour restricted to 8 hours)
- Welcome Benefit of 2500 Reward Points and Renewal Benefit of 2500 Reward Points
- Earn 4 Reward Points for every Rs. 150/- retail spends
- 8 Reward Points on spending Rs. 150 on Diners club India
- Get access to complimentary golf lessons at select Golf Courses in India
- Complimentary access to airport lounges.
First year and renewal Membership Fee – Rs. 2,500/- + Applicable Taxes
With this elite credit card, you will get welcome e- Gift Voucher worth Rs. 5,000 and Free Movie Tickets worth Rs. 6,000 every year.
- Earn up to 50,000 Bonus Reward Points worth Rs. 12,500/ year
- Earn 10,000 bonus Reward Points on achieving annual spends of Rs. 3 lakhs and 4 lakhs
- Get 5X Reward Points on Dining, Departmental stores, and Grocery Spends
- Earn 2 Reward Points per Rs. 100 on all other spends
- Access over 1000 Airport Lounges worldwide
- SBI Card ELITE offers you the privilege of the lowest Foreign Currency Mark-up Charge of 1.99% on International usage.
Annual Fee (one time): Rs 4,999. Renewal Fee (per annum): Rs 4,999.
You can experience the world of exclusive privileges and Rewards with the YES First Preferred Credit Card.
- Get 15,000 Reward Points on your first transaction done within first 90 days of card set update.
- Enjoy Renewal Benefit of 10,000 Reward Points on each renewal.
- Earn 20,000 Bonus Reward Points on achieving spends of INR 7.5 Lakhs or more in each anniversary year.
- 8 Reward Points on every INR 100 Retail Spends
- Priority Pass membership with 4 complimentary access
- Enjoy 25% discount on movie bookings at BookMyShow
- 1000 Reward Points on each YES PayNow registration
- Dedicated Website for Flight/Hotel/Movie ticket booking on Reward Points redemption (1 Reward Point = INR 0.25)
First Year Membership Fee of Rs 2,500 + Applicable Taxes. Renewal Membership Fee of Rs 2,500 + Applicable Taxes
If you are still confused and could not go through the whole article, then here is the recommendation for you:
- Best Premium Credit Card – HDFC Diners Premium Credit Card, SBI Elite Credit Card, Citibank Prestige Credit Card.
- Best Petrol Credit Cards – Standard Chartered Super Value Titanium Credit Card, Citibank Indian Oil Credit Card.
- Credit Card with no annual Fee – ICICI Instant Platinum Credit Card.
- Normal Credit card for a salaried person – Standard Chartered Manhattan Credit Card, Citibank Cashback Credit Card, Standard Chartered Platinum Rewards Cash.
- Cashback Credit Card for online shopping – SBI Simply Click Credit Card, American Express Gold Charge Card, RBL Titanium Delight Credit Card.
- Best Travel Credit Cards – Amex Platinum Travel Credit Card, Citibank Premier Miles Credit Card, Jet Airways American Express Credit Card, SBI Air India Signature Card, American Express MakeMyTrip Credit Card, SBI IRCTC Credit Card, Axis Bank Privilege Credit Card.
- Business Credit Card– HDFC Regalia Credit Card.
*Terms and conditions applied for all above services mentioned.
Originally posted 2019-05-13 09:52:57.