If you have shopping websites bookmarked on your web browser, credit cards for online shopping are a safe bet for you. And with the emergence of multiple e-commerce giants in India, credit cards have become a necessity. Online shopping not only allows you to get the best deals at the comfort of your home, but it can also help you check and compare the products across multiple vendors on various websites.
Credit cards also get you additional benefits such as discounts, cashbacks, reward points, complimentary gift vouchers and such. These benefits vary from one credit card to the other so it’s important to choose the best card suited to your income and lifestyle. To simplify your search for the best credit cards for online shopping in India, we have a list of 4 best credit cards for online shopping in India.
Best Credit Cards for Online Shopping in India
|Credit Cards||Fees and Charges||APR (per annum)|
|SBI Simply Click Credit Card||Rs.499 Annual fee and Rs.499 Renewal fee||40.20%|
|Citi Bank Rewards Card||Rs.1000 joining fee and Rs.1000 annual fee.||39%|
|Snapdeal HDFC Credit Card||Rs.500 joining fee and Rs.500 annual fee||40.80%|
|ICICI Bank Coral American Express Credit Card||Joining Fee of Rs.100 & Annual Fee of Rs.500||40.80%|
This card is truly designed for shopping online. It offers huge rewards on online spends as a result of its exclusive partnerships with e-commerce giants such as – Amazon, BookMyShow, Cleartrip, Foodpanda, Lenskart, OLA, Zoomcar.
- Reward: 10X reward on websites such as Amazon, BookMyShow, Cleartrip, Foodpanda, Lenskart, OLA, Zoomcar etc. Earn 5X rewards on all other online spends
- Benefits: Welcome e-gift voucher worth Rs.500 from Amazon, 1% fuel surcharge waiver for each transaction between Rs 500 & Rs 3000 (exclusive of GST, wherever applicable, & all other charges)
Verdict: This is the best credit card for you in this category if you are a regular online shopper.
If you are searching for credit cards for online shopping that gives maximum reward points on your shopping expenses, look no more. It provides numerous benefits for online shoppers and the best part is that the reward points don’t expire!
- Reward: 10x times reward point on spending at vendors such as Flipkart, Myntra, GoIbibo, Westside, Raymonds, Clarks, Adidas, Yebhi, Jabong, Groupon, Yatra and so on
- Benefits: Get 1,500 bonus points on your first spend made within 30 days of card issue, Get 1,000 bonus points on your first spend of Rs.1000 made within 60 days of card issue, Instant redemption against movie tickets, travel arrangements, mobile services, and hundreds of other things
Verdict: Joining fee is higher than other cards however, this is the best credit card in India if you are looking for maximum rewards on your purchases as it can be instantly redeemed across different online shopping portals as well as retail outlets.
HDFC Bank has exclusively partnered with Snapdeal to introduce this card. It comes with exclusive rewards, discounts and offers on the Snap Deal website along with other select partners.
- Reward: Earn 10X Reward Points when you shop at Snapdeal, Ticketnew & UrbanClap, & 2 Reward Points per Rs.150 spent on all purchases
- Benefits: Earn Rs. 500 cashback on a single spend of Rs. 2000 or more on Snapdeal.com within 90 days of the card set up, Flat 5% Instant Discount when you shop at Snapdeal, Get renewal fee reversed if you spend Rs. 1,50,000 in a year prior to renewal date
Verdict: This credit card provides unbeatable discounts and rewards on shopping at Snapdeal. Also, all the reward point accumulated from overall purchases can be redeemed for Snapdeal vouchers.
The highlight of ICICI Bank Coral American Express Card is that it comes with several benefits and discounts for a low annual fee. This card is listed under the Gemstone collection and is powered by ICICI’s exclusive lifestyle privileges.
- Reward: 50% reward points on online spends, Get up to 10,000 payback points every anniversary year
- Benefits: 2 complimentary movie tickets every month under the Buy One Get One free offer through www.bookmyshow.com, Minimum 15% savings on dining bills at over 2500+ restaurants across India through the Culinary Treats Program, Complimentary access to select airport lounges in India, courtesy of American Expres
Verdict: This eligibility for this credit card requires an applicant to have a monthly income of above Rs.45000. However, this card ties in the aspects of lifestyle cards & credit cards designed exclusively for online shopping.
Originally posted 2017-12-14 17:26:40.