If you are an NRI frequently traveling to India, you may be surprised how useful getting an Indian Credit Card could be. Firstly, it can help you cut down on foreign fees and currency conversion charges. Secondly, an Indian Credit card will act as a security backup no matter where in India you travel. Whatever the reason, here are the top best credit cards in India for NRI.
Table of Content
Top 3 Best Credit Cards for NRI
|Credit Cards||Fees and Charges||Best for|
|Union Bank International Credit Card (Visa)||No joining and annual/renewal fee||People who want high spending limits (Up to 20% of income)|
|Kotak NRI Royale Signature Credit Card||Rs.1000* annual fee and a onetime add-on fee of Rs.599 *||Protection against fraudulent usage|
|SBI Advantage Platinum Card||Rs.1000* annual fee and a onetime add-on fee of Rs.599*||Best for shopping at Departmental store and grocery purchases, dining and international transactions|
Union Bank International Credit Card is one of the best credit cards in India for NRI. This card offers you payment option at retail stores and online shopping websites from all over the world. However, this card is issued only to Union Bank account holders.
Benefits of Union Bank International Credit Card (Visa)
- 2 points for every $1 spent up to $6,000 annually on grocery store purchases and 1 point for every $1 spent thereafter
- 1 point for every $1 spent on all other purchases
- 25% reward bonus when you redeem rewards points in the form of a deposit to your Union Bank checking, savings, or money market account.
- 50% reward bonus when you redeem rewards points as a principal reduction payment to your Union Bank mortgage.
If you are permanently settled abroad, Kotak NRI Royale Signature Credit Card is for you. The significant advantage of this card over others is that it provides 2x rewards for international spending as compared to expenses incurred in India.
Benefits of Kotak NRI Royale Signature Credit Card
- Access to exclusive airport lounges across India with gourmet meals, free Wi-Fi, magazines, newspapers
- 2.5% fuel surcharge waiver on the transaction between Rs.400 and Rs.4000. (Rs.75 fuel surcharge waiver on transaction of 2000
- Earn a reward point for every Rs.200 spent in India, where 1 reward point equals to 1 Air Mile
- Protection of fraudulent usage up to Rs.2.5 lakhs for up to 7 days pre-reporting
SBI Advantage Platinum Card is one of the best credit cards in India for NRI. It is the choice for you if you foresee doing a lot of departmental store and grocery purchases.
Benefits of SBI Advantage Platinum Card
- Welcome gift worth Rs.2999 from popular retail brands
- 5X Reward Points on the Departmental store and grocery purchases, dining, and international transactions.
- Earn 2 rewards points for every Rs.100 spent
- Expenses amounting to above 4 lakhs get you an e-gift Voucher worth Rs.3000